Questions on Call single data (CSD)

Vignesh Radhakrishnan vignesh1192 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 06:11:22 EST 2014

Hi,

I have couple of questions on Call single data (CSD) .

I am going through kernel/smp.c

   - From what i understand CSD struct is used to run a particular function
   on a another core (Not sure if i am right ) ? (csd -> func) ( in function
   smp_call_function_many)
   - What do these csd_lock_wait and csd_lock do. As per the code this its
   used to serialize access and it says there is a per CPU CSD resources. I am
   not getting what is meant here.If its per CPU , then why serialize access ?

   - The list inside csd . Is this by any chance circular ?

Thanks and regards,
Vignesh

--
http://vigneshradhakrishnan.blogspot.com/