Handling interrupts in spidev

Amit Mahadik amitmahadik35 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 27 00:37:08 EST 2014

Thanks for the reply Richard.

        The interrupt is not a GPIO  pin. I have read something about UIO (userspace I/O).

Also, I want the operation to be asynchronous. Any pointer to such mechanism will be very helpful.

Regards,
Amit.

On Sunday, 26 January 2014 8:53 PM, Richard Weinberger <richard.weinberger at gmail.com> wrote:

On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 1:25 PM, Amit Mahadik <amitmahadik35 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>           I am using a custom ARM board. I have a SPI slave device and using
> the spidev_test utility I am able to do ioctls on the slave device.
> However, I have a problem. The SPI slave device has an interrupt pin and I
> want to process the interrupt and send some data into the userspace when I
> receive the interrupt. Can anybody please suggest me a way to do this using
> spidev driver?

Is the interrupt pin a gpio?
If so, you can access it from userspace and identify interrupts using poll().

--
Thanks,
//richard