How to access a DRM CRTC's scan out buffer?

Peter Teoh htmldeveloper at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 02:44:55 EST 2014

In general how it worked is explained here:

https://www.kernel.org/doc/htmldocs/drm/drm-kms-init.html

Not sure which is the name of your video card, but I think in general all
the page flip API should have access to the scan buffer (see link above).
For Intel these are possible APIs
:

static void do_intel_finish_page_flip(struct drm_device *dev,
void intel_finish_page_flip(struct drm_device *dev, int pipe)
do_intel_finish_page_flip(dev, crtc);
void intel_finish_page_flip_plane(struct drm_device *dev, int plane)
do_intel_finish_page_flip(dev, crtc);
void intel_prepare_page_flip(struct drm_device *dev, int plane)
 * is also accompanied by a spurious intel_prepare_page_flip().
inline static void intel_mark_page_flip_active(struct intel_crtc
*intel_crtc)

On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 9:27 PM, Sannu K <sannumail4foss at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to access a monitor's content in kernel mode. I tried but
> could not find a generic way to access CRTC's scan out buffer in kernel
> mode. I prefer to do it in kernel mode as an experiment. Any pointers will
> greatly help.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Sannu K

Regards,