Mapping a memory address to all the processes using it

Sandeep K Chaudhary babbusandy2006 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 20:19:49 EST 2014

> You mean like this in-tree code?
>
> config MEMORY_FAILURE
>         depends on MMU
>         depends on ARCH_SUPPORTS_MEMORY_FAILURE
>         bool "Enable recovery from hardware memory errors"
>         select MEMORY_ISOLATION
>         help
>           Enables code to recover from some memory failures on systems
>           with MCA recovery. This allows a system to continue running
>           even when some of its memory has uncorrected errors. This requires
>           special hardware support and typically ECC memory.

Well, yeah. My case is also related to uncorrected errors and ECC
memory. I want to improve the handler that is invoked for
uncorrectable ECC errors. Once this sort of error occurs, it gives the
address where the error happened. And if we can identify the processes
involved with that memory, the handler can just kill them rather than
panicking the kernel.

I don't really know how the above in-tree code will be helpful in my
case. Can you please explain it a little to me?

--
Thanks and regards,
Sandeep K Chaudhary.