[Help] How to Replace File Operations in File System?

freeman freeman.zhang1992 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 03:57:43 EST 2014

2014-02-20 15:31, Rishi Agrawal :
> Hi,
>
> I went through your readme. Some questions.
>
> 1. How are you encrypting the files? Is it done by the encryptfs or
> you are doing it in your module.
>
> 2. How can the user selectively encrypt the files in the system.
>

> --
> Regards,
> Rishi Agrawal
Hi Rishi,

Sorry about the fuzziness.

#1 I plan to do the encryption in my module, but encrypting
functions aren't added to it yet. As I mentioned in readme,
module now just simply pass-through operations to the original
file system.

#2 It seems that the user cannot select specific file to encrypt
inside one directory :-( . However he may specify a directory
then we can encrypt all the file inside it. Namely, the granularity
is directory, not file. Besides, subdirectory is not supported at
present.

Regards
Freeman