[Help] How to Replace File Operations in File System?

freeman freeman.zhang1992 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 08:28:16 EST 2014

Hi Rishi,

Thanks for your reply!

I'm sorry that the description of the problem was not clear.

I am writing a module(not a filesystem) to replace some operation
pointers of Ext4.
Just now, I try to print the dentry->name as you said. It seems
that I'm modifying the right files.

I'm wonderring if my idea is bad:
I changed operations of a file both in ->create and ->lookup in
inode operations of direcotry. And test the module like this:

echo hello > hello      (for dir_inode->create and f->write)
cat hello               (for f->read)

Will the file operations be changed back?
Or what I modified is some copies of real objects because of the
complex caching mechanism?

Regards

Freeman Zhang