[Help] How to Replace File Operations in File System?

freeman freeman.zhang1992 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 08:26:43 EST 2014

Hi Abhijit and Saket,

Thank you very much for your reply!

I did some study on eCryptfs before. I think eCrytfs is a "
big ideas for small business".
Implementation of a totally new filesystem is quite complex
for me to imitate and study. So with the elicitation from
eCryptfs, I have this idea to design a simplified module(not
another filesystem) to do transparent en/decrypting, by
replacing some main function pointers.

Thanks to you, now I know there is WRAPFS, which I think is
perfectly suitable for my project--short, easy, and highly
extendable. If I still cannot fix this problem, I would like
to turn to WRAPFS!

Much thanks!

Freeman Zhang