Where to find USB VID and PID?

Eric Fowler eric.fowler at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 14:54:24 EST 2014

 I have an Emcraft SmartFusion2 board with a USB interface, running
ucLinux. When I plug the board to a Windows machine, said Win machine
sees an 'unknown device', which usually (always) means VID_0000 and
PID_0000. This is separate and independent of the USB and JTAG
interfaces that are used for programming, network access, and
debugging, which are all working as expected.

How do I:
- Find the device on the linux side that maps to that endpoint, if it
exists (I have already found the device object for the root hub)
- Interrogate for the VID & PID that a given USB device presents to
the connecting host
- Manipulate the VID & PID on a USB device on ucLinux

--
cc:NSA