Help needed to implement parameter in SCHED_DEADLINE policy

Chanchal Paul paulchanchal.ece at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 10:44:22 EST 2014

Hi all,

I am trying to implement my custom scheduling policy in rt patched
linux kernel. I am working with version 3.14.25-rt22. I have
successfully installed the kernel after patching with rt patch of same
version.

Now the installed kernel also has SCHED_DEADLINE i.e. the EDF scheduling policy.

The problem in my hand is to introduce a parameter in the
SCHED_DEADLINE policy which will further dynamically change the
priority according to the supplied value while the task is submitted.

I have already simulated and tested my requirement. I am having
problem with understanding the hierarchy of scheduler code.

Thanks in advance.