Cpu Freq Merge with Scheduler

nick xerofoify at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 13:50:52 EST 2014

Robert,
After doing some research I found on the lkml logs and through google that the latest discussion about this on the kernel
lists was in 2013. I am curious as to where we are in terms of merging cpuidle and cpufreq into the scheduler, I known we have
a basic patch series written in 2013 but seems that's about it. We also don't seem to have any test software to test this either.
through seems there was some discussion at the plumber's conference in October of this year in Germany. Seems for my understanding
we have hit a few roadblocks.
1. We have no benchmark tools, due to power management being hard to benchmark( lots of user cases)
2. Power Management is complex and doing a best fix all solution is impossible or near impossible
3. Merging cpuidle and cpufreq into the scheduler is a long and complex issue, we need to also benchmark and test for regressions as we
are prone to error when merging these subsystems in the scheduler
4. This takes me back to my first point. we don't have have benchmark tools or a suite, therefore we shouldn't merge due to not being
able to test for bugs or regressions we cause during the merge of these two subsystems into the scheduler.

My question stands as follows have we got any farther on the above list of issues or not?
Regards Nick