Fwd: Query about /proc/meminfo

PRAJAPATI MEHUL mehulprajapati2802 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 01:18:33 EST 2014

Hi,

-I am currently working on one embedded development board.
-I have ported 3.0.31 kernel with my personal patches on it.

-When I am trying to insert my module, it fails to allocate 4MB memory
using kmalloc.

-Below is a snapshot of *cat /proc/meminfo *command of my embedded linux
system.

[image: Inline image 1]

-According to my understanding, LowFree parameter indicates free memory in
kernel space which is around 536MB in this case.

-There is a lot free space available in kernel space then
why module fails in kmalloc of 4MB ?

-Also find the attached log messages of dmesg

Regards,
Mehul