Filtering noise is about protecting resourses

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Tue Dec 9 13:27:26 EST 2014

On Tue, 09 Dec 2014 06:33:07 -0500, nick said:
> I understand that now after reading your message.

Sorry Nick.  You might believe that, but nobody else does at this point. We've
heard that over and over for the last six months, and then you follow up with
behavior that indisputably proves that you either *didn't* understand, or
you totally didn't care.

> To be honest, I started out like this because I had no idea, where to start.
> If your willing to give me a place to start, that is of use I will be glad to
> help out.

I think that given your history, the best service you could do the Linux
community is to go work for a competitor.  The BSD's and Microsoft are
always looking for help.

Seriously Nick - whatever your motivations may be, Bjørn is totally right.
Overall, you're a negative asset - I've personally submitted patches that
you've been trying to get submitted, *just so I didn't have to keep seeing
incorrect attempts*.  Now, FSM knows that there's been *tons* of times over the
past decade that I've spend 5, 10, even 20 times longer talking a newcomer
through getting a first patch accepted than it would have taken me to just
whomp one out myself and submit it.  The difference is that in those cases I
had a reasonable expectation that it would be a long-term win.

Let's face it Nick - there is no such expectation when you're concerned.
Avinash added the story of your most recent waste of Rafal's time.

At this point, I really see zero reason for anybody to remove your ban until
such time as you've demonstrated a long term (as in several years) ability
to do correct and productive development for some other project.  Because
quite frankly, until you fix whatever your problem is and become productive
on your own, we get less done while you're here than if you weren't.

And it's not our job to fix your problem.  It's your job.