Remove Ban?

Sudip Mukherjee sudipm.mukherjee at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 03:05:56 EST 2014

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 1:26 PM, Philipp Muhoray
<philipp.muhoray at gmail.com> wrote:

> Am 2014-12-09 um 07:50 schrieb Avinash Patil:
>
> Hi Nick,

<snip>

> Not that I have any say in this, but I feel like a ban should rather be
> justified by someone's behavior instead of incorrect patches. I guess most
> of us have send awful patches at some point, the question though is how we
> dealt with it. I'm not saying the ban should be lifted, I'm just saying we
> should communicate the right arguments for his ban (instead of blaming him
> for commit messages he didn't even write).

yes, we all have sent awful patches at some point of time , but on
pointed out the mistakes in the patch , we have corrected them and, i
suppose, almost all of us have taken care not to repeat that same
mistakes again.
But its not the case with Nick. You can search the old threads , in
lkml , also here .. he has just continued with his way, without caring
what has been told to him.
If my opinion is counted, I will say NO.

thanks
sudip