[RESOLVED] Help! - fuse and loopback - not working together

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 19:51:20 EST 2014

The issue is that I was running the fuse mount command as a normal
user and mount as root.

By default fuse does NOT allow root to access filesystems it creates
unless root created them.

For me there are 2 work-arounds:

- Add sudo in front of my command creating the filesytem

- Set an option in /etc/fuse.conf to allow none-owners of a filesystem
to use the filesystem.

I suspect when I did this in the past I was running as root, so I
never noticed the problem.

Sorry for the noise,
Greg
--