loglevel 7 (debug) and pr_debug()

Denis Pithon denis.pithon at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 08:37:02 EDT 2014

Martin,

Are you sure that /var/log/messages trap DEBUG messages ? (see
/etc/rsylog.conf or something, it depends on your linux distro)
Default on Fedora is to skip debug messages. But your log output is in the
ring buffer (you can check it widt command dmesg)

I guess that your problem is not a problem but a syslog feature :)

http://www.rsyslog.com/doc/rsyslog_conf_filter.html