loglevel 7 (debug) and pr_debug()

Martin Kepplinger martink at posteo.de
Wed Apr 16 07:57:07 EDT 2014

Am 16.04.2014 13:43 schrieb Denis Pithon:
> Martin,
>
> I'm not sure did you enable DDEBUG when compiling your module ?
> pr_debug() macro is discarded if you omit DEBUG in compile time
>
> A sample Makefile which enable pr_debug() :
>
> obj-m += my_modue.o
>
> KDIR ?= /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build
> CFLAGS_my_module.o := -DDEBUG
>
> all:
>  make -C $(KDIR) M=$(PWD) modules
>
> clean:
>  make -C $(KDIR) M=$(PWD) clean
>
> Let me know ...
> regards

Thanks,

I did not, but now added -DDEBUG. The exact line is:
CFLAGS_my_module.o := -DDEBUG
when "my_module.o" is my object file. Did I get that right?

That doesn't change anything unfortunately. I can not read pr_debug()
unless I
explicitely activate it in /sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control
*after* insmod.

I'd like to just read all pr_debug() messages like pr_info().

thanks for your time!