Linux hibernation support for loadable drivers

AYAN KUMAR HALDER ayankumarh at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 08:58:40 EDT 2014

Hi,

I am working with the linux hibernation code( swsusp hibernation
framework) on an ARM based custom SOC. I am using some drivers like
Nand Flash Controller driver as loadable modules.

As per my understanding , during hibernation kernel calls suspend for
all the drivers while creating a snapshot. During resume, after the
kernel resumes the snapshot (from late_initcall - software_resme) ,
the kernel calls resume for all the drivers.

As nand and some other drivers do not support suspend/resume, thus
they fail to work on system resume. So is it fine to call
driver_unregister/driver_register during hibernation/resume for the
drivers which do not support suspend/resume. I do not want the user to
manually remove/insert the drivers on suspend/resume.

Regards,
Ayan Kumar Halder