Kconfig set default macro bug?

Matthias Brugger matthias.bgg at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 12:17:13 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I'm just playing with the early printk macros of the low level printk.
The address of the UART port is set to a default value [1].
So if you save the config and then enter again in menuconfig, you are
not able to change the value to a different default value (I suppose
because Kconfig see the value as set), but there is no way to find out
what the values for other UART ports would be. E.g. you have
accidentally selected the wrong port.

The only solution is, to disable the low level debugging functions,
save the config and open it with menuconfig again.

I'm not quite sure if this is the most convenient way of doing this.
At least the default address should be readable from the config to
change the value by hand.

Does anyone know if we can consider this to be a bug?

Cheers,
Matthias

[1] https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/arch/arm/Kconfig.debug?id=refs/tags/v3.14#n1007

--