2.6.10 no boot

Marcello Stanisci stanisci.m at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 05:07:15 EDT 2014

> Unless it's a really old box, Linux probably isn't sure how to support
> it.  Remember that in 2004, Intel was still releasing new versions of
> the Pentium 4 as their high-end CPUs....
the same happens on a pretty old box, it should be from the early 2000s.

But I forgot to mention another thing:

I patched it with a patch for 2.6.11 to make it compile with binutils
2.22 (otherwise the assembler
would complain), and, although the compilation silently ends, it
probably messed up something.
I will look for the same patch for 2.6.10, or to downgrade my binutils.