Plug/unplug events of headphone

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Sat Sep 14 13:34:49 EDT 2013

On Sun, 15 Sep 2013 02:13:11 +1100, you said:

> I can not listen sound from speakers after reboot laptop if I power off
> laptop with headphone.
> And I need to plug/unplug headphone to listen music from speakers.

That sounds like a bug with the ALSA drivers not correctly sensing the
state of the jack at boot time.  Fortunately, the fact that a plug/unplug
fixes it means that the signal routing (what pin of the sound chip connects
where) is correct.

You probably want to post at alsa-devel at alsa-project.org and explain *in
detail* the problem - include stuff like your exact kernel release, the laptop
model, the sound chip used (probably listed in 'lspci' output), and so on.