i just opened up my online intro kernel programming course for free

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Sat Sep 14 07:36:57 EDT 2013

  given that i just haven't had the time to keep working on it (and
i'm going to republish it anyway, somehow, for free), i've dropped the
payment requirement of the intro to kernel programming course i wrote
back here:

  http://www.crashcourse.ca/

  up in the top left, you can see two links to courses -- the original
and the 2nd edition. the original is now completely free, have at it.
the 2nd edition (also free) is simply the somewhat-updated version of
the free part of the first edition, so you can (i think) start with
the 2nd edition and, when it runs out, go back to the 1st edition and
pick up where that left off. yes, what's there could stand some
updating but it's still probably adequate to get you going, and
writing and loading your first kernel module and character driver.

  my plan for the future is for a totally-updated similar course,
again designed for newbies. not sure how i want to make it available
-- perhaps through github or some other social platform -- but
whenever or wherever it appears, it will be free.

  more on all of this in a bit. questions?

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca