Open source networking Projects

michi1 at michaelblizek.twilightparadox.com michi1 at michaelblizek.twilightparadox.com
Fri Nov 29 11:46:57 EST 2013

Hi!

On 21:03 Thu 28 Nov     , Miles Fidelman wrote:
> michi1 at michaelblizek.twilightparadox.com wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > On 18:15 Tue 26 Nov     , Robert Clove wrote:
> >> I am a new (sort of fresher) and want to do some work in networking domain
> >> like network device driver or some changes that increase the network
> >> performance and all.
> >>
> >> Could you please suggest me some projects if they are new it would be good
> >> and easy to understand.
> > I am programing a layer 3+4 network protocol for mesh networks. Take a look at
> > http://michaelblizek.twilightparadox.com . I would especially like to see
> > somebody improve the user space routing daemon (in the corutils repository).
> >

> Isn't this just a bit of putting the cart before the horse?  There's
> nothing there that looks like a design document, architecture, or
> protocol spec - it seems a bit early to think about coding a routing daemon.

Well, the website is pretty much a design document. The protocol is partially
documented on the website too and you can find more details if you open the
net/cor/cor.h file. Also, if there is something you want to know, feel free to
ask. I try to keep the docs readable by not adding too much irrelevant stuff
and without feedback it is hard to know whether something is relevant or not.

	-Michi