Recovering Linux system from hung state via software
vipulsj at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 19:28:02 EST 2013
Hi Kernel alias,
I am a newbie and I am trying to figure out ways where in I can recover the
Linux in below two scenarios:
1. my specific process hangs.
2. kernel gets hung partially or completely.
I have done some reading and seems like there is softlockup and hardlockup
mechanisms in Linux source base that I can use but not sure, if yes I have
1. Which kernel version is minimum required for this?
2. How do I know that soft and hard lockup are enabled in my kernel?
3. How can I customize the behavior of default action that been taken?
4. Can I use these two lockup mechanism to find out if my process is hung
5. Any pointers to any docs that can help will be appreciated.
I will greatly appreciate any help here.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Kernelnewbies