Linux Kernel - Modifying a module_param variable from other drivers

manty kuma mantykuma at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 04:32:05 EST 2013

Dear all,

I see that when we declare a variable as module_param from a driver, i can
see it listed in "/sys/module/xxx/parameters/...".

Ex : /sys/module/usbcore/parameters/autosuspend

we can modify and read it with echo and cat commands from terminal.

But is there a way i can read this value from other drivers? Common sense
says it should be there because if we are able to access them from user
space, from kernel space we should definitely be able to do. Is it so? If
yes, what are the API's?

Posted teh same on SO -
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19973866/linux-kernel-modifying-a-module-param-variable-from-other-drivers

Reply either here or on SO.