What is the best distro for starting linux kernel development?

Anuz Pratap Singh Tomar chambilkethakur at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 07:26:59 EST 2013

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 11:40 AM, Mandeep Sandhu <
mandeepsandhu.chd at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 5:00 PM, Anuz Pratap Singh Tomar
> <chambilkethakur at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Linus Torvalds and Alan Cox use Fedora(or other redhat distros), though
> Alan
> > talked about shifting to other distros due to his annoyance with Fedora.
>
> Nit -picking here...but Linus does not Fedora...if anything, I think,
> he _hates_ Fedora and Gnome (3)! :)
>
> A more informed answer on Quora:
>
> http://www.quora.com/Linux/What-Linux-distribution-does-Linus-Torvalds-use-on-his-MacBook-Air

It talks about what he uses on __Mac book air__,
Here is another link which says he used Fedora 9 on a __most__ of his
computers
http://news.oreilly.com/2008/07/linux-torvalds-on-linux-distri.html

> I saw a G+ post of his where he was very pleased with the Samsung
> pixel running ChromeOS. Though that was not for development purpose
> (only reading stuff).
>
> I read that whole discussion, he never said that he __hates__  Fedora, he
was expressing his dismay that the kernel was not updated with proper
wireless driver which are required for him to get the driver because that
machine(not sure which one) doesn't have an ethernet port.
But he does hate Gnome. Also from his post, he seems to be using Fedora
more often than any other distros.

--
Thank you
Warm Regards