Kernel_project_Idea

Anup Buchke anup.estuff at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 23:47:56 EST 2013

Hi all,

I have to do a small kernel-level project in OS course at my school.
Broadly, they have told us to do project in areas
Linux Memory Managment/ Linux Process management. Any ideas?

Some of which I thought were::
Linux MM: Some small project involving use of DMA kernel API,or getting the
number of pages for a process and its details, or something similar....

Linux process management: trying to access linux runqueue and maintaining
some information...or looping through process descriptor list and accessing
some info...etc.

It is difficult for me to come up with some precise project idea which can
be completed in 10-15 days.

So it would be great if anyone can help me define some project which can be
completed in that time.

*My background:* I have done basic device driver programming,aware of
kernel synchronization techniques,kernel allocation techniques,have
understood and used tasklets,workqueue. Good understanding of OS concepts.

Thanks
Anup Buchke