Why I can't mount usb stick with my uid or gid?

乃宏周 naive231 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 21:52:29 EST 2013

I use ubuntu 12.04, and my usb stick had been found at /dev/sdb and has 2
partitions.
If I `mount /dev/sdb1 ~/work`, My usb stick can be mounted sucessfully, but
ownership of ~/work is root, so I can't write anything to it.
But if I `mount -o uid=1000,gid=1000 /dev/sdb1 ~/work`, system replies
following error message:

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdb1,
       dmesg | tail  or so

Why this situation occurred? I'm sure that my pid and gid is 1000.
Any ideas?