Getting started on Linux Kernel Development

Daniel Hamacher danielhamacher.dh at gmail.com
Fri May 31 13:55:51 EDT 2013

Greetings.

My name is Daniel and I am starting out in Linux Kernel development on a
Debian Linux distribution. I followed the steps on kernelnewbies.org and
I am booting now with 3.10.0-rc3+. So I build the compiler and I am also
booting from it. I watched the video from Greg Kroah-Hartman on how to
submit patches, I created a branch, so I am ready to go...

How do I get started with the Kernel janitors to get my feet wet? I have
intermediate knowledge of C and basic knowledge of Assembly. Is there
anything in particular that I can get started on? Thanks.

Cheers,
Daniel