File system implementation

Sankar P sankar.curiosity at gmail.com
Sun May 26 14:23:12 EDT 2013

On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 10:47 AM, Dibyayan Chakraborty
<dib.coolguy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to implement a file system and integrate with my system. Now
> first i have to implement the code for disk-formatting(like populating
> the super_block , root inode etc). I want to see the source code for the
> ext3 file system for this purpose.
>
> Please tell me which file in the kernel source contains the
> implementation.

I did the same thing few days back and asked the same question few days back :)

It is very simple. All you need is to codify your structs. Then write
a simple mkfs-yourfs.c which will fopen the given input file, write
(by type casting to a char *) the struct pointer which contains your
filesystem structure and then closes the file. It is as simple as that
:)

All the best.

--
Sankar P