Kernel 64bit

amit mehta gmate.amit at gmail.com
Thu May 23 06:01:05 EDT 2013

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 2:45 PM, Giridhara RP (grp) <grp at cisco.com> wrote:
>  Looks like I copied wrong output in my previous email. Here is the output. Also, what should I do with 'grub'?
>
>  5. After boot 'uname -a' , shows this.
>  Linux 2.6.32-60 #1 SMP Mon Mar 25 16:20:30 IST 2013 i686 GNU/Linux

Generally, After building a new kernel, I issue 'update-grub' command
on my ubuntu box to add proper entries for the newly built kernel in
the grub configuration file, but I think 'make install' will take care of
this as well. However, as you've confirmed that you've successfully
booted from the newly built kernel, which is still being reported as
a 32 bit kernel, therefore we can safely reject the case of incorrect
and or missing grub entry.

Do you see compressed x86_64 bit kernel image(vmlinuz-<version>.x86_64)
under /boot ?