Processor Comparison

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Fri May 10 22:47:09 EDT 2013

Mulyadi Santosa <mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com> wrote:

>On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 2:21 PM, Robert Clove <cloverobert at gmail.com>
>wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>
>> I want to some process that too not of Intel.
>
>not Intel compatible, you meant?
>
>on top of my head, and perhaps very popular now, is ARM based

I think you are restricted to 4gb with ARM, but that should change soon (or maybe it already has.)

If I was thinking about a ARM based solution for my actual desktop pc, I'd checkout what opensuse is up to.  I think they are leading the pack for linux distros on ARM.

In particular they officially support some ARM systems for the full distro as of there March release of 12.3.  Does any other distro have a full blown officially supported release for ARM based systems?

Below is a very interesting article about the small cluster they are using to build the release.  It also has a bunch of interesting info about ARM based boards.  Note that as of the last couple months they are doing native compiles of the packages for the distro, not cross compiles from a intel/amd system.

http://news.opensuse.org/2013/04/15/about-armv7-progress-and-arming-for-aarch64-and/

Greg