kernel build error

Kumar amit mehta gmate.amit at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 06:17:24 EDT 2013

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 10:41:56AM +0700, Mulyadi Santosa wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 1:16 PM, Kumar amit mehta <gmate.amit at gmail.com> wrote:
> boot issue. But
> > before attaching these small files(136K and 32K respectively) and send it to
> > the mailing list, I'd like to ask, if that's fine with you folks.
>
> maybe it's better if you upload those files somewhere, maybe google
> docs and send the link here.

I've uploaded the kernel configuration and the screenshot in google drive [1].
With these particular settings, I'm able to build the kernel, but still not able
to boot from it:
$ egrep -i 'pktgen|binfmt_misc|cxt1|isdn' .config
CONFIG_BINFMT_MISC=y
# CONFIG_NET_PKTGEN is not set
# CONFIG_ISDN is not set
# CONFIG_CXT1E1 is not set

Just to be a little more verbose, I've listed below the steps that I follow to
build and boot from the newly built kernel on my ubuntu box:

$ sudo apt-get install build-essential
$ make oldconfig
$ make -jX all ;;Where X= Number of CPU cores
$ sudo make modules_install install
$ sudo update-grub
$ sudo shutdown -y now

[1] https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B4un01St9Hdsb18xYU1yaF9ET0U/edit?usp=sharing

Please let me know if you face any problem in accessing these.

-Amit