Design Patterns in Linux Kernel: Fancy Tricks With Linked Lists

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Tue Mar 19 13:44:24 EDT 2013

Quoting Arlie Stephens <arlie at worldash.org>:

> Interestingly, part of the debate yesterday probably resulted from one
> engineer having Love's 2nd edition, and me having his 3rd
> edition. Apparently RPDay pointed out some problems to Love which
> resulted in him changing his linked list discussion in his 3rd
> edition ;-)

   Been a while since I re-read my own tutorial, it might merit a bit of
a rewrite. Is there anything about it that seems unclear -- I remember
my own moment of epiphany, "Holy crap, what an interesting way to do it."

   And, yes, if you try to reconcile Love's 2nd and 3rd editions on the
topic, that will not end well. :-)

rday