Kernel warning messages- protocol 0000 is buggy, dev eth0

Sengottuvelan S sengottuvelan.s at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 01:49:22 EDT 2013

Hi

I am getting kernel messages = "protocol 0000 is buggy, dev eth0" in my
kernel while calling   dev_queue_xmit(skb);. The packet is successfully
tranmitted on the wire but these messages are keep coming on the console.

I am not sure what is the exact modification needed to avoid these kernel
messages. Can you someone help on this.

Exact code I have in my driver code:
tx_len is length of the  packet to be transmitted
tx_packet is the pointer to packet container.

   skb = dev_alloc_skb(tx_len);
    if (skb == NULL)
      return -1;
   skb_put(skb,tx_len);