now in progress -- tutorial on udev

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Sat Mar 16 11:37:52 EDT 2013

  a bit premature but the simple "USB devices" page i started earlier
was to allow me to set the stage for a tutorial on udev i've wanted to
write for a while.  it's *barely* started, but it's here:

http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/Udev

and will use as the basis for a hands-on example the aforementioned
USB-serial cable, since that seemed like the simplest device i could
expect others could lay hands on if they wanted to follow along and
actually watch udev processing in real time.

  much more to come on the udev page by end of day ...

rday

p.s.  if others have a suggestion for a device that could be used for
hands-on udev that's cheap, easy to find and doesn't overwhelm the
beginner with udev processing, i'm open to suggestions.

again, all this will eventually end up in one of my courses, no idea
where yet.

                        http://crashcourse.ca