Module compilation error

Pietro Paolini pulsarpietro at aol.com
Mon Mar 4 19:48:33 EST 2013

Hi all,

I tried, as beginner, to compile a simple module downloaded by
internet, hello_printk, I am using ArchLinux and I followed the
simplest way for compile a new kernel tree from here :

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Kernels/Compilation/Arch_Build_System

But when I try to compile I catch these errors:

echo >&2 "  ERROR: Kernel configuration is invalid.";           \
echo >&2 "         include/generated/autoconf.h or
include/config/auto.conf are missing.";\
echo >&2 "         Run 'make oldconfig && make prepare' on kernel src
to fix it.";      \
echo >&2 ;                                                      \
/bin/false)

Of course I checked the path of the kernel and under the directory
wrote on the error messages I can find the files autoconf.h and
auto.conf that I really don't understand what could be wrong, the
makefile is really really simple then I can post it:

obj-m := hello_printk.o
KDIR  ?= mypersonalpath/core/linux/src/linux-3.7
PWD   := $(shell pwd)
default:
        $(MAKE) -C $(KDIR) M=$(PWD) modules

Someone can help me ?