File-system driver issue

Saket Sinha saket.sinha89 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 16:14:11 EDT 2013

I have to port a driver from 2.6.18 to 3.8.3

Look at the below declaration of current
http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/scripts/kconfig/gconf.c#L62
Where struct menu is
http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/scripts/kconfig/expr.h#L159

The above one is in kconfig while the lower one is in the kernel. So would
they be able to affect each other? I guess NO

NOW in the driver to be ported-
current is defined as:
struct task_struct *task = current;

but is still able to excess  the field members of task_struct
 http://lxr.linux.no/linux+v2.6.18/include/linux/sched.h#L767
like
attr.ia_uid = current->uid;
attr.ia_gid = current->gid;

though it has not been initialized or assigned or typecasted to this
task_struct.
HOW?

I searched on the entire lxr but could not find the solution.
Kindly help.
PS: This driver is built on 2.6.28 kernel so use lxr from 2.6.18 kernel
only like
 http://lxr.linux.no/linux+v2.6.18/<http://lxr.linux.no/linux+v2.6.18/include/linux/sched.h#L767>