forum spam filtering

Rik van Riel riel at surriel.com
Mon Jun 10 23:22:10 EDT 2013

Over the past year, the forum has deteriorated to the point of being
unusable.  Today I installed (and fixed) a module that allows phorum
to use spamassassin, and tweaked & trained spamassassin to deal with
forum posts (no email headers, etc).

Over the past few hours, I have seen spammers beat their heads against
the spam filter, sometimes submitting the same message several times
before giving up.

I have also made a few test posts of my own to the forum. It looks like
non-spam messages are let through.

In short, the forum should be usable again. If something happens to
break, please let me know and I will fix it.

http://forum.kernelnewbies.org/

--
All rights reversed.