assembly of packets

Craig Jackson cjackson at ebscohost.com
Mon Jun 3 12:15:48 EDT 2013

In my experience, the second paragraph isn't quite true. What you see with TSO is the pre-segmentation "packet", up to 65k. (By this I mean the set of data which is given to the offload hardware to segment.) So you need to make sure that your "-s" value is big enough to see everything.

(Speaking as someone who was bitten by bugs in the early versions of TSO.)

Craig