No subject

Prasad Lakshman prasad.bl.emb at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 02:24:32 EST 2013

Hi ,
I am trying to implement own system call in Linux. Kernel version I
chose is 3.5.7

I am following the steps from Linux Kernel Development 3rd edition.
I got two problems with the implementation.
1.while trying to modify the code in kernel , there is no entry.S file
for Intel x86 32 bit architecture. (my be i am missing some thing.)
2.while I am compiling user application with gcc I am getting

error: unknown type name ‘helloworld’

my application is as follows

#define __NR_helloworld 367
__syscall0(long, helloworld)

int main ()
{
printf("The helloworld system call is\n";
helloworld();
return 0;
}

I looked at Link [blog.163.com] which is given by Wanny but i could
not find the solution,I could not locate syscall_table_32.s in my
Linux source.

Please  help me in identifying the entry.S file for Intel x86 32 bit
architecture in 3.5.7 kernel version sources,where i can make an entry
for my system call into system call table.

Help me in resolving  error: unknown type name ‘helloworld’ in my application.