Sending an IP packet

Adel Qodmani mpcadel at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 07:36:17 EST 2013

Hey,

My question is quite simple, I have an sk_buff that I want to transmit, the
sk_buff is an ICMP message and so far, I've built the headers and set up
everything.

The problem is, when I want to do such a thing, I typically use a function
called:
dev_queue_xmit which takes the skb and transmits the packet using the
net_device specified in the skb; but time time I can't set the net_device,
I need the packet to go through the routing code and get it sent normally;
so what function can I use to that?

Some notes:
*The kernel I am working on is 3.2.0-37
*I am working using Modules, so symbols that are not exported are
unreachable for me
*I set the IP header using htons, so my header data is already in network
byte-order.

Regards,
Adel