scripts/basic/fixdep issue

Sync Rico syncrico at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 08:06:38 EST 2013

Hi,

I have a problem with fixdep: a kernel was compiled on a PC and when trying
to build a kernel module for that kernel I use a different PC tha has a
different glibc version than the one used to compile fixdep.

In order to fix the problem I'm thinking that maybe to build fixdep with
"--static" but my knowledge about linux kernel is not that great and I
would like some input please.

Also, is there any chance to just rebuild fixdep without rebuilding the
whole kernel?

Is there any other possibility other then the --static one?

Kernel used is 2.6

Thanks,
syncbq