Linux Kernel

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Tue Feb 19 00:39:57 EST 2013

On Tue, 19 Feb 2013 10:50:26 +0530, kapil agrawal said:

> How the linux kernel runs in the system after spawning the init and
> mounting the root FS.
> Does it run as some background process ?

No.  You probably want to get some basic knowledge about operating
systems in general.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operating_system

as you appear to be confused regarding the basic concepts of an
operating systems kernel.

> How it serves the system calls etc. ?

There's about 5 different answers to that, depending on how in-depth
you want the details, but I suspect that none of them will make any sense
to you until you get a better grasp on the basics....