MAX limit of file descriptor

Peter Teoh htmldeveloper at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 10:49:49 EST 2013

i can only make a general statement, may not be always true/false:

in the kernel almost EVERYTHING HAS TO BE FINITE....and this is cater for
the fact that

but at the userspace or application level, u can design structures to be
infinite.   eg, I used python for large number calculation, and so far it
has not limits, but I am sure at the representation level, there is
one....but because i don't know the datastructure used, i don't know the
limits.

On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 1:10 PM, horseriver <horserivers at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi:)
>
>    In one process ,what is the max number of opening file descriptor ?
>    Can it be set to infinite ?
>
>    In network programing ,what is the essential for  the maximum of
> connections
>    dealed per second
>
> thanks!

Regards,