How the follow Starts in Android-Kernel

Dave Hylands dhylands at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 01:43:30 EST 2013

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 8:50 PM, Ranganath T.M <ranganathtm88 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Thanks for your information,
>
> And can you kindly suggest me,
> 1)How the probe will be called by comparing the name in driver and name
given in board-files, or it will called based id_table which we fill for
particular bus of that driver.

When both a device and a driver have been registered, then the probe
routine will be called.

Normally, the devices are registered in your board files.

> 2)How the priority will be followed to call the drivers files like BT
first and then HDMI driver.

The order is determined by how they're registered (i.e. which initcall is
used:
http://lxr.linux.no/#linux+v3.7.6/include/linux/init.h#L209

module_init maps to device_initcall

Within the same level, the order is determined by the order that the files
appear in the Makefiles.

--
Dave Hylands
Shuswap, BC, Canada