open image file

Vineet Agarwal checkout.vineet at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 01:15:00 EST 2013

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 12:46 AM, horseriver <horserivers at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi:)
>
>   I have a image file ,after I input this command:
>
>   ******
>   sh> losetup /dev/loop0 xx.img
>   sh>  mount -t tmpfs /dev/loop0 /mnt
>
>   ******
>

>  I find no content under /mnt ,But this image file contains a bootloader.
>  What is the reason ? How can I check out the file tree structure  of this
> image ?

Determine the file type of your image file.
I suspect you are trying to look into the initrd images. These image files
are compressed gzip images.

You can try extracting the image file then examine it's content.

gunzip -c <path_to_image_file> | cpio -id
The above command would extract the content of the image file in the
current directory.

Hope this solves your problem.

thanks!