how to find kernel patch applied on existing build kernel

Alexandru Juncu alexj at rosedu.org
Sun Dec 22 06:26:46 EST 2013

On 22 December 2013 06:56, Vipul Jain <vipulsj at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I would like to find out if any particular build kernel has a particular
> patch applied to that kernel how to go about it?
>
> Regards,
> Vipul.

Hello!

You can do a git log on the kernel's repo and see when it was applied.
Or do a git blame if you need a particular line of a file.

If you want to match it to a release, track the tags in the repo.

You can use the webinterface:

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/

Just remember that because of the distributed nature of git and the
kernel's development model, a particular patch is merged in many trees
before reaching the de facto main linux repo (Linus' repo).