create sysfs class attribute and sub directories

Jeshwanth Kumar N K jeshkumar555 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 08:52:31 EST 2013

Hello List :),

I have a small question about sysfs.
I am creating a kernel module to print some versions in sysfs attributes.
So the directory tree would be.
/sys/class/versions/main/version
                          /dev/version

So, versions is my class directory, inside that two directories main and
dev, both directory should contains version attribute. I am little familiar
with creating with sysfs class attribute using struct class, but how to
create the directory (like main/dev) and create attributes in both
directory ?

I have one more question, Is sysfs is right place to display version
information ?

Thanks in Advance :)

--
Regards