Need help on understanding hardware detection

Tao Jiang (姜涛) jiangtao.jit at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 21:46:54 EDT 2013

Saqlain:
    Thanks for your reply.
    The article really opened my eyes.
    But in that article wrote as
    1.  " Linux kernel constantly scans all your computer bus’es  for any changes and new hardware. Once any change on any bus is detected magic begins "
    And in the comments at the bottom,
    2.  "a bus controller notifies the CPU through an interrupt which allows the kernel to query the controller back for information"
    So my question is which one is right?
    And can you show me more details on Linux kernel's implementation about "constantly scans" or "notifies the CPU through an interrupt"?

Tao Jiang (姜涛)
2013-08-20