Who is 'Freeing init memory ...'

Woody Wu narkewoody at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 04:08:17 EDT 2013

Hi,

Near the end of kernel startup, there is a message 'Freeing init memory
..'. This process on embedded system takes several seconds. After
searched kernel source, however, I cannot find the same literal text in
all the .c files.  So, I want to know, who was printing this message and
how can I disable the behavior to save some boot time since I don't care
losting of several hundreds kilo bytes of memory.

Thanks in advance.
woody

--
I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then